Wednesday, February 16, 2011

History for Music Lovers

Ok, since I love history and I love music, I am obsessed with this youtube channel. It has inspired me to have my 6 grade computer class create their own lyrics to popular songs (but about online safety). I showed them some of these to get them inspired and they kept wanting to see more and more. These history teachers took popular music and created music videos to explain different historical concepts and events. Genius! And don't forget one of my earlier posts about Math Raps...






How can this youtube channel be used in the classroom? To introduce a lesson, to reinforce a concept. As inspiration for a project.

Note: Could be useful for English as well.



I just found this channel too, Horrible Histories from the BBC. There are a few good videos in here. I particularly like this Wife Swap episode below...

No comments:

Post a Comment